ADVANCED SAFETY FILM HELPS PROTECT STUDENTS AND TEACHERS FROM INTRUSIONS AND MAJOR GOVERNMENT LANDMARKS FROM BOMB BLASTS WITH IMPACT RESISTANCE
– Educational Campuses Nationwide Can Benefit From Same Technology Installed on the U.S. Capitol
and J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building for Life-Saving Intrusion and Bomb Protection; Saint-Gobain Business Unit’s Scientifically Advanced Product Is Available for Media to Test or Experience –
SAN DIEGO (April 19, 2017) – With school safety an issue of critical importance in today’s world, simple and cost-effective solutions to better secure educational buildings are in high demand. For more than 30 years Solar Gard – a global leader in patent-protected film technologies for surface protection across the automotive, residential and commercial markets – has been trusted with helping to protect people and critical assets with its Armorcoat® Safety & Security Films (#SolarGardSafe).
- Optically clear and virtually undetectable to potential intruders, Armorcoat Safety & Security Films provide an additional layer of protection on glass windows and doors, delaying attempted forced entry and helping to hold shattered glass together in case of impact.
- Tested rigorously through a simulated school intrusion scenario (the video above shows Armorcoat buying 90 seconds of time for evacuation, hiding or lockdown procedure to be put in action), Armorcoat Films have been successfully installed on prominent buildings all over the world, including national landmarks like the U.S. Capitol Building, Library of Congress, J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building and the U.S. Institute of Peace.
“Some of our most precious valuables and loved ones are behind ordinary pieces of glass and we’ve made it our mission to ensure that school leaders across the country become aware of the invisible layer of protection Armorcoat offers,” said Kendall Combs, global marketing director for Solar Gard. “As an important part of Saint-Gobain, Solar Gard’s advanced solutions are the result of our unrivaled expertise in glass – with rich history dating back to the Palace of Versailles. Trusted by school districts of all sizes to ensure students return safely to their families, the Library of Congress to protect irreplaceable property and visitors, and countless other government buildings and landmarks to mitigate blasts and other potentially harmful impact – Armorcoat has been selected time and time again for the most demanding of scenarios.”
- The power of Armorcoat may be demonstrated for media organizations interested in testing the material on glass – whether onsite at a test (Saint-Gobain) facility, in-studio (or via video).
- The key benefits of Armorcoat include:
- Deters unwanted intruders and impedes their access to home or business
- Reduces the likelihood of injury from flying glass
- Easily installed and more cost-effective option when compared to laminated glass
- Product available with solar control properties to enhance indoor comfort and privacy
For more information, please contact Solar Gard’s public relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-719-1040.
About Solar Gard:
Solar Gard is a global leader in patent-protected film technologies for sun and surface protection across the automotive, residential and commercial industries. As the Specialty Films Division of the global glass and building technology icon Saint-Gobain – a company whose 350-year legacy originated with the Hall of Mirrors in Paris’ Palace of Versailles – Solar Gard builds upon decades of work to offer proprietary solar control and safety film solutions. The company’s product portfolio delivers unmatched results in enhancing and protecting vehicles, homes and buildings, and most importantly, the passengers, residents and tenants inside. Follow Solar Gard on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. #SolarGard