LEED & BREEAM
LEED and BREEAM are global sustainable assessment- and rating methods for buildings
Building owners can earn a higher rating with the use of Solar Gard window film.
Earning LEED Points
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a widely used green building rating system.
The benefits of window film can help companies to earn points to achieve a higher rating based on the following credits:
1. SS (Sustainable Sites)
- Credit 8: Light Pollution Reduction
2. EA (Energy & Atmosphere)
- Credit 1: Optimize Energy Performance
3. EQ (Indoor Environmental Quality)
- Credit 8: Daylight & Views
- Credit 7: Thermal Comfort
MR (Materials & Resources)
- Credit 1 Building Reuse
ID (Innovation & Design Process)
- Harmful UV-rays blocked
- Fade reduction reducing waste
Earning BREEAM Credits
BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) is a leading sustainability assessment method for buildings.
BREEAM rated buildings do also address the health and well-being of the occupants.
Credits can be earned with window film on Asset Performance and Building/Occupier Management categories:
- Up to more than 10 different ENE credits
Heath & Wellbeing
- HEA 01 Visual comfort and Daylighting
- HEA 02 Glare control
- HEA 03 Thermal control
- HEA 08 Illuminance levels
- MAT credits on security advice and natural hazards