Introduction to Solar Control, Safety & Security Window Films
AIA/CES and USGBC Course – SGWF 101
- Participants will understand the main components of the solar energy spectrum.
- Participants will understand how solar energy interacts with glass, and enters a building to cause heat gain and fading.
- Participants will understand how solar control window films mitigate solar heat gain, glare, and fading.
- Participants will understand the benefits of security film, and the key standards and certifications to which security films are tested.
Learn more about low-cost, high return energy saving retrofit solutions in this one-hour lunch and learn session. Solar control retrofit film is an efficient, cost effective way to reduce heat gain in buildings and save on air conditioning costs.
This presentation discusses the beneficial effects of solar control film on buildings, including energy savings, fade protection, and glare reduction. Additionally, the protective benefits of safety and security film are discussed, as well as graffiti film and decorative films.
- Proven energy solutions for Energy savings and CO2 reduction
- Safety and security
- UV protection and glare reduction.
*This course is only available to companies located within the Continental United States